Friday, February 10, 2012

Procrastination (and PP#5)

I'm in serious procrastination mode. On the plus side I'm getting all kinds of other work done - yesterday we went to the store and got some things we really needed and hadn't bothered with. Today I think we'll go to goodwill and get an office chair if we can. And yesterday I finally unpacked the remaining boxes (you know the ones full of things that you don't REALLY need so they start to become pieces of furniture). There were still a few with things we won't unpack - so I put them up. We hung up pictures too - though we used this stuff that's not supposed to hurt the walls and now we have pictures falling randomly. So I called it quits and Sal is currently using nails. We'll just put get some putty for the holes and paint when we move in a couple years.

Anyway - all that is extremely productive, but has left me on Friday (at 1:30 in the afternoon too) with not one book even started for class next week. Yikes! I was doing so good - by this time last week I only had 1 book left to read. And not only do I need to get through these books, but I have end of semester projects to get started on. In one of my classes we have our research proposal due in less than 2 weeks and it's worth 25%. I've had moments of procrastination before, but this one is gonna make the rest of this weekend blow, because I really have to get this work done. Ugh!

On the positive side, this procrastination is sort of a good sign - I'm comfortable enough to procrastinate. Last semester, I had trouble with motivation for sure - but it was different - it was motivated by anxiety about the assignments, not pure procrastination. So I guess that's my positive point #5 - with time I'm getting more comfortable and confident, even if I'm not getting all that much better at doing my work. And now to stop procrastinating and do some of that reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment